Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Lumberjacks' Ball by Carrie Fancett Pagels

I have had a busy busy past few weeks.  My son received a nasty concussion so we ended up at a lot more Drs appointments.  I was looking through my bookcase for something to read while we were eternally waiting when inspiration struck.

Actually it fell on my head.  While I was rummaging around The Lumberjacks' Ball fell on me.  I had tucked it into my to read pile.  It was either time to clean my bookcase or a sign that I needed to read this book.  I took it as a sign.


From the back:  A decade after surviving a brutal attack, a mercantile owner's daughter seeks to begin her life new in Michigan's upper Peninsula.  A gifted craftsman wishes to leave his lumberjack life and seeks employment at her new store.  When his presence dredges up memories she wishes to suppress, the new proprietress must learn to face her past.  Can affection grow between the cabinetmaker and the proprietress of St. Ignace's newest business?  And when danger threatens, will they survive to attend The Lumberjacks' Ball? 

This is book two of The Christy Lumber Camp Series.  I hadn't read book one, but didn't have any problems diving right into this story.  I enjoy "visiting" the past in well written stories.  The book took me to a time of lumberjacks and balls in an area of the country that I happen to really enjoy, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Her descriptions of the area were vivid and I could smell the lumber!

Rebecca Hart want to make a new and safe life for herself.  Due to a tragic incident in her past she finds it difficult to trust.  Garrett works hard to chip away at her resistance but what happens when the past comes back and threatens the present?  

I enjoyed watching romance bloom between Rebecca and Garrett.  The characters in this story were so well done and moved at a really good pace.  Both characters had to place their trust in God and follow His leading.  I plan on picking up the other books in the series to fill in some of the blanks.  

So pick up your copy today and enjoy a trip to The Lumberjacks' Ball.  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment