Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Found In You by Emily Seay

It's been a super hectic season.  There are multiple activities going on, extra commitments, and the kids seem to be flying around on a sugar buzz despite the fact that I'm not giving them anything out of the ordinary.  We needed some things to calm us down.

When I look for something calming for everyone to enjoy I reach for some music.  I wanted something a little different that didn't involve a red nosed reindeer or snow (we live in Virginia, it's 70 degrees and I feel like I'm being mocked by old man winter).

So when a FB friend's daughter put out a new CD I took a chance and went to ITunes to pick up a copy.
It's a new album and small.  There are only six songs, but it's well worth it to consider purchasing it. 

Emily is a new artist but she isn't new to singing and songwriting.  She comes from a very talented family and the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.  I had two cranky and fussy kids on the start of the car ride, I popped in the CD and in a few minutes they had fallen under her musical spell.  To learn more about Emily's journey and about her click here

The songs themselves are lovely.  Not just because they quiet down overstimulated kids but because of the message they convey.  They are full of beauty, promise and praise.  To hear one of these songs click here

My personal favorite is Come Unto Me.  During these seasons of changes it is good to be reminded of the One who is always there for us and that He is holding us in the palm of His mighty hand.  I needed that reminder.  

I'm very excited to be following Ms. Seay's journey and can't wait to see what she plans on doing next.  So download your copy from Itunes or CDBaby and enjoy some beautiful and uplifting music! Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment