Monday, April 4, 2016

The Gift by Max Lucado

I've been on the run so much recently and needed a book that was uplifting and I could spread out a bit.

I'm a big Max Lucado fan.  His books are always uplifting and inspiring.  They are a great pick me up when I'm going through challenging times.  When I got this book I was at a point where a good read like this came in handy.  From the back: 

A New View on the Old Rugged Cross
 
 
Are peace, joy, and significance on your wish list?  How about redemption, forgiveness, the salvation of your soul?  Each of these descriptors bring us to the main event:  grace.  Saving grace, God’s immeasurable gift intended for all.  Regardless of accomplishments or station in life, despite sins of the past, anyone can receive the free gift of grace. 
Yet too often we take God’s incomparable gift for granted—despite the fact that God’s very Son paid for it with his body, breath, and blood. Understandably, we often find ourselves caught up in the daily routine of life, not taking time to reflect on the enormity of God’s mercy.
So here’s a suggestion:  give yourself the gift of a few moments spent in the world of God’s grace.  Read pastor Max Lucado’s unique, stirring insights into God’s role as grace-giver. Spend some time reflecting on the gift of grace, in all its magnificent meaning.  
Let grace, the gift for all people, speak to you personally through these pages.

This book is a wonderful collection of short stories that are simply delivered but have profound meaning.  I was going to read only one story a day but found myself reading many in one day.  The stories will touch your heart and satisfy your soul!  The message of God's grace and love for us came through loud and clear.  This is too beautiful of a book to hang on to.  You will want to pass it along to someone else and share the Gift!  

This book really spoke to me and I was excited to get a copy in exchange for my review.  This is another amazing read by Max Lucado and you will want to get (and pass along) your own copy! Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment