Monday, March 14, 2016

Wake Up Mr. Rooster by Adam Lusso

I love to read.  That love has poured over into my children.  I have two.  A little boy who is 8 and a little girl who is 4.  Both children enjoy being read to so I'm always on the hunt for a good family book!


Wake Up Mr. Rooster is by a new author, Adam Lusso.  He wrote and illustrated the book.  From the back:

Small children, and in particular small boys, tend to act on their whimsy without much consideration to the things and people around them. This is the story of one morning and one sweet, innocent boy who only wants to have a bit of fun and learns a valuable lesson in treating others how you would like to be treated

Mr. Lusso's first book is full of whimsy. Reading it I was reminded of a very small boy sitting right next to me.  In fact, I'm almost wondering if he bugged my house?  The children loved the illustrations and could not stop laughing over the poor rooster.  I had to go back and read that part five times before I was allowed to move on in the story.  

I love finding newbies in the children's market.  Sometimes you get lucky and snag a real gem.  If you are looking for a fun children's book to read at bedtime or anytime pick up a copy today! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment