Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Loving a Lawman by Amy Lillard

It's summer time in the Old Dominion.  Finally!  Even though we've had a ton of rain and May is now down on the books as the wettest month in the books I'm still managing to get outside and relax with a good book and some sweet tea on the porch swing.

I'm also getting a chance to read some some amazing new books.  Amy Lillard has a brand new book releasing in July and I was so stoked to receive an ARC copy in the Cattle Creek Series.
Mosey on with me to Cattle Creek, Texas for a fantastic story.  From the back:  
As cowboys, the Langston brothers of Cattle Creek, Texas, know it can hurt like hell to fall off a horse. But it can hurt even more to fall in love. . . .

Sheriff Seth Langston is head over heels for local wild child Jessie McAllen and has been for years. The trouble is she has eyes only for Seth’s rodeo star brother, Chase. Even though he considers Jessie his girl, Chase is an incorrigible ladies’ man with a wandering eye and no chance of settling down soon.

Jessie is ready to move away from Cattle Creek to put her feelings for Chase behind her, but after she shares a white-hot kiss with Seth, things get a little complicated. Jessie realizes her heart should have been his all along. And in the face of sudden tragedy, they’ll discover if their newfound passion will tear the Langston men apart or make the family stronger than ever. . . .

This was a really great story.  The characters jumped off the page and I felt like I was in Texas right along beside them.  Amy delivered a great story.  I had a hard time putting the book down.  The story moves at a really great pace that had me laughing and wondering what was going to happen next. This book was such a fantastic start to my summer reading list and Amy hit a home run with her storyline.  This story looks at what happens when two brothers are in love with the same woman. How does it all work out?  I won't spoil it, you'll have to pick up your own copy!  It's a great read and I'm ready for the second book in the series, Healing a Heart.  Enjoy and Happy Reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment